Innovative Leadership addresses the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) 2014 Standard 1 – Vision and Mission, and Standard 11 – Continuous School Improvement.
These standards outline the responsibilities of the educational leader in the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship for a quality education. An innovative leader creates a culture of continuous improvement and builds a shared vision for a system of personalized learning that prepares all students for success in college, career, and democratic citizenry.
- Collaboratively develops, implements, and promotes a shared vision and mission for quality teaching and learning along with a strategic plan to achieve it.
- Promotes a culture of data-based inquiry by collecting and using data to identify goals, assess organizational effectiveness, progress monitor plans, and improve organizational learning.
- Assesses, analyzes, and anticipates emerging trends to shape school decision making and initiate change.
- Initiates and collaboratively carries out system-wide change toward continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Navigates change in the midst of ambiguity and competing demands and interests.
- Maintains a systems perspective and promotes coherence across all dimensions of the school.
- Acts in ways that consistently reflect the school’s/district’s vision, mission, and values.